AngularJS TypeScript-based open-source front-end framework
Angular (commonly referred to as “Angular 2+” or “Angular v2 and above“)is a TypeScript-based open-source front-end web application platform led by the Angular Team at Google and by a community of individuals and corporations. Angular is a complete rewrite from the same team that built AngularJS.
Differences between Angular and AngularJS
‘ Angular was a ground-up rewrite of AngularJS’.
- Angular does not have a concept of “scope” or controllers, instead it uses a hierarchy of components as its primary architectural characteristic.
- Angular has a different expression syntax, focusing on
"[ ]"for property binding, and
"( )"for event binding
- Modularity – much core functionality has moved to modules
- Angular recommends the use of Microsoft’s TypeScript language, which introduces the following features:
- Class-based Object Oriented Programming
- Static Typing
- For/Of loops
- Python-style generators
- Dynamic loading
- Asynchronous template compilation
- Iterative callbacks provided by RxJS. RxJS limits state visibility and debugging, but these can be solved with reactive add-ons like ngReact or ngrx.